Friday, August 21, 2009

It is just beginning.



As a 54 year old very balding slightly overweight white male there is not very much about me that is exciting or worthy blogging about. If you were to Google my name there is only one entry anywhere about me on the web. In short, I am pretty much a nobody when it comes to any kind of street cred, fame, or recognition by anyone outside of family and work.
I am beginning a journey/test that may prove to be something very wonderful, or it may be a complete bust and something that should be exposed and debunked publicly. This is the purpose of this blog. (And a completely new experience for me.) [fyi...The pic is of me in SanFrancisco on a bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge last year.]

I am trying a new product called "Zija". It is a dietary supplement in drink form that comes in a can, or in a powder form you mix with 8oz of water. This drink and mix is produced from a plant called "Moringa Oleifera". It is also known in Africa as "mother's milk" and the "Miracle Tree". So then, here is my goal and what I intend to do.



  1. I will post reglar updates as we try this product "Zija" for 30 days.

  2. During these postings I will discuss how I am feeling and what improvements I am experienceing if any.

  3. I will also list more facts about this product as I continue my own research using not just the materials that the company, i.e. Zija, has provided, but also some other independent web based and print resources.

  4. I will do my best to respond to questions or comments from anyone who reads this blog (if that ever happens).


That pretty much is it. I go into this as a skeptic but trusting in the recommendation of someone currently using this product who encouraged me to give this a try.



So here it goes...


Day one and two: We mix up an 8 oz glass of the Zija powder and drink it right after we get up. The taste is not too bad, there are some small granular solids in the mix, even after shaking it up in a jar to make sure it is all disolved. There are no great changes after 2 days, nor would I expect any at this point. However, more than 3 hours after drinking the mix and eating a small breakfast I still feel quite full.


In one of the brochures from the company it states that the World Health Orginization is promoting Moringa as an alternative to imported food supplies used to treat malnutrition and that is has been especially useful in treating malnourished infants with great results. I will check this out further.


R Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment